Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Web 2.0

After watching the video on web 2.0 i think that is great. I love the idea behind this video.
It shows the boundaries of pen and paper and how limitless digital technology is. Pencil and paper is limited, while the internet is limitless.
Web 2.0 gives us new ways to share our ideas with others. And around the world. Internet versus paper is a battle paper can not win. The internet is cleaner smoother faster and more effective. I realized this the second time i watched the video, the eraser part portrays a very strong message. It really made me realize how much cleaner and effective it is. I think all the erasures is what did it for me.

3 comments:

Staci said...

Phil-
I never thought of the eraser marks as being "errors" in the way you explain. I like that theory! And it has some credibility to it. However, I still believe in the importance of pen and paper. I just cannot get away from the benefits it gives to students, but I also see the advantages to the internet. thanks for your interpretation!

Karen Stearns said...

What's your point about the erasures? That's interesting Phil. Staci, is it the physical act of writing on a piece of paper that you embrace? I have transferred that physical sensation to the keyboard--hmmm...

Darlene said...

The thing, too, is that the computer/keyboard can give us a chance to use our creative talents in numerous ways. Writing is just one of those ways - the one that we associate with being ELA teachers. However, the other night my son showed me a iMovie/iTune production with a singing group (I can't tell you their name or anything) performing a song while using five or six treadmills to do different theatrics while singing their song. It was great.

It seems to me that the whole technology thing gives so much creative possibility to everyone. We don't have to just use written words to teach ELA. We can use iMovies as well. I guess I never thought about anything like that being possible before now.