Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Praising Blogging

I want to praise blogging for a moment. And i am going to do that in a round about manner. Last night I was searching for an image to save as my desktop background. As a side note (to this tangent) I only select the best backgrounds. My selection process includes scouring google images for an action shot from a favorite film.

So last night as I looked through Scarlett Johansson images I found a picture that peaked my interest and I clicked on it. The link brought me to a page called Cinephilia. The text began: "Truth be told: I do not get Brian De Palma. Which I think is very different from not liking Brian De Palma. He is a cinephile of the highest to degree, to be sure. But there is something absolutely missing from his films." at that I was in love.

I had mistakenly found myself onto someone's blogger page, and it was quite delightful. As I continued to read I became more and more pleased. This was a true lover of cinema, and even further a well educated woman who casted a very critical eye. She was very hard on the director's and their work, but it was fair and just. It was fair to say I liked her from the start.

It seems this person, has commented on some 100 films, all recent. I started by reading what movies I had already seen. To build her credibility. To see if I agreed. For the most part, I agreed, her vocabulary and mannerisms extremely sophisticated. It was not too hard to follow but she definitely possessed an insight I desire.

I am praising blogs because they have brought me to a place where I can learn more about technical terms and read an urbane critique of films I love. Without blogging, I could never have seen a this part of the world, and definitely not communicate. This is the link.

No comments: