Wednesday, April 18, 2007

The writings

I read his screenplays very early yesterday before they were posted to the masses, and soon after I read many people's comments on what they had read.

The thing that has unnerved me beyond words was his silent rage. The fact he was painfully shy, to the point of not acknowledging you when you spoke to him or even making eye contact.
The story of the girl coming to his suite is what sticks out in my mind as a staple of his personality. The stoic kid in the back of the class wearing sunglasses, and a hat covering his face, seldom participating. So, the story goes: A girl was running for president and she was handing out candy to the guys in his suite, so she asked him if he would like a piece. Without making eye contact or changing his expression he very slowly shook his head.

But, his words, so full of hate and anger. Such strong use of pent up hatred. You could tell he was grossly underdeveloped because it looked like a 12 year old had written those screenplays, not a senior in college. You were brought into his frame of mind so easily through the plethora of hatred. I am still unhinged after reading those words. I may never get them out of my mind.
You could tell he had been raped as a child and severely neglected.

Another thing that really gets to me is that he bought the guns over a month ago and it cost him $500. He might have saved up, planned. You don't just have $500 laying around. So not only was this a premeditated act but there was severe preparation. I shouldnt analyze or make declarative statements about this but I can not get it out of my head. These assumptions are just my oppinion.

My friend just came in the room and brought up the topic that vt is probably going to get sewed by the families for negligence. I think that is outrageous for them to do. I feel at a time like this, if a family in any way is concerned with $, that is beyond me. After your child has been slain, what is money, it is useless. The outrageousness of a family thinking of money at a time like this would truly amaze me.

Yesterday when i was walking back to my dorm I was struck with something that I have not been able to understand. What is stopping this from happening every single day? What is stopping other countries from bombing us. I would like to think the government, the police, but it still happens sometimes. But on the opposite side, it does not happen that much, so there must be some force in the universe protecting us. This kid was troubled to the max, but there are others out there. And if the trickling effect where to ever take place, there would be a boom in the candle industry. I hope whatever the force is that protects us, spiritual or concrete, deterrent or direct, it is ready for these next few days (threats in 10 different states already).

No comments: