Thursday, May 10, 2007

Media Literacy Project

I have been looking over some notes I jotted down yesterday from my meeting with Prof. Stearns, and I am filled with confidence. Some of these questions are very critical, they really cut to the core of the topic. I hope Brian and I do a fine job. I know the topic is great, and I am very excited to use film as a form of education especially since I know I will be doing this in my own classroom. I am worried though. I hope we do everything correctly, we are meeting in about a half hour. I have a lesson plan that Jessica sent me as a model, which has proved useful (why is every sentence I have written, seem like a fragment?). But if anyone is reading this, I would appreciate your help. I would say by friday/saturday ours should be written up, and I would really like to see someone else's, additionally if they could look at ours and see how well we have done. I already have two people I am going to ask in addition to Stearns, I have found a wide range of help is a great thing (I have been asking 3 to 4 different people to help me with all my final papers in other classes).

I have NEVER written a lesson plan before, and if I had not seen what Jess sent me, I probably would have written a descriptive paragraph or something. I did not know it was such a formal document, with such precise points. It is pretty amazing actually.

2 comments:

administrator said...

Phil-
If you need any help with the lesson plan, let me know. Like you said, be very specific and focus your ideas. Think of it as plans you would leave for a sub - be that specific. Lesson plans force you to evaluate everything you are doing and come up with rationales - both personal and standards-wise. Again, I'd be happy to send you a sample lesson plan if you need it!

Karen Stearns said...

Ah yes the formal document!!

Creating a lesson plan is about thinking..that's the way I construct it. It's putting your objectives for learning in some kind of sequence. That's really all it is. Don't be nervous about it Phil.

I look forward to what you and Brian are going to teach us.